This is a listing of weblog (aka. diary or news) software which is OpenSource and doesn't require a SQL backend.
- No web GUI but supports XML-RPC and has a command line client
- News Bruiser
- PyBlosxom (Blosxom clone)
- (clone of Textile's markup)
- Simple Python Blog
- Based on Berkeley DB XML, looks interesting.
- La News Factory
- Nice, simple. Looks like a worthy sucessor to *oxsom.
- MMS Diary
- (Mobile Blog Software)
- My Journal
- My Own Diary
- News Poster
- (Newsposter has the following features and functions: comments, themes and topics, RDF/RSS 1.0, one-way NNTP gateway, multi-user, multilingual, search function, hashed passwords, login per LDAP directory, different user rights, mail protocols, marking of new and old postings, UBB code, data storage in "mbox" format, UTF-8 support, etc.)
- Phosxom (Blosxom clone)
- (Blosxom clone)
- Project Steve Guttenberg
- An enhanced version of PHPosxom, deals with static site content and other more general CMS issues then blogs typically tackle. Nice.
(pronounced "blossom" or "blogsum") The defacto no-database Perl blog. Lots and lots of plugins and very widely used. Note Blosxthis by Myles for emailing blog entries.
- Grey Matter
- Monster Hash
- Moveable Type
- (free as in beer but not as in freedom)
- Looks really nice but hard to tell site is in Japanese
- Roller Weblogger
- Note this was added by an anonymous source, will remove because it appears to require SQL.
- Blojsom (yet another Blosxom clone)
- Clog (Cory's bLOG)
(BashShell) A quite nice blog, lacking some features though.
(BashShell) Quite a full featured and pretty all shell blog.