ZeroConf is the official name for what Apple has recently starting pushing called Rendezvous. The best description I've found of what it is and will be is in the IETF charter.
- Multicast DNS Site
- DNS Service Discovery
- Apple's Documentation
- Zero Conf Documentation from Sun.
3rd Party Documentation
dot.local - good links to ZeroConf documentation, tools etc. Mostly Unix centric
O'Reilly - Understanding ZeroConf and Multicast DNS
- Apple's Jaguar Documentation
- Apple developer documentation
- O'Reilly - Virtual Hosts, mod_rendezvous_apple, and Apache on Mac OS X
- mdnsd - Multicast DNS Server for Linux/Unix
- mDNSWindows - Multicast DNS client/server for Windows
Mod Rendezvous - Apache Module for AppleOsx (and soon Linux)
Mod ZeroConf - Apache 2.0 module for Linux
- Apple's Developer Info on Rendezvous
- Strangeberry Java Implementation
- Neato - Another Java implementation
- Howl - A cross-platform (Windows and *NIX) implementation of the Zeroconf networking standard.
Other Related Tools
- Open UPNP Implementation
- rendezvous enabling how-to
See also: MultiCast